HEATH BENEFITS OF GARLIC
- Garlic Contains Compounds With Potent Medicinal Properties
- Garlic Is Highly Nutritious But Has Very Few Calories
- Garlic Can Combat Sickness, Including the Common Cold
- The Active Compounds in Garlic Can Reduce Blood Pressure
- Garlic Improves Cholesterol Levels, Which May Lower the Risk of Heart Disease
- Garlic Contains Antioxidants That May Help Prevent Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Garlic May Help You Live Longer
- Athletic Performance Might Be Improved With Garlic Supplements
- Eating Garlic May Help Detoxify Heavy Metals in the Body
- Garlic May Improve Bone Health
HEATH BENEFITS OF CILANTRO
- Rids the Body of Heavy Metals
- Protects Against Oxidative Stress
- Lowers Anxiety and Improves Sleep
- Lowers Blood Sugar Levels
- Protects Against Cardiovascular Disease
- Prevents Urinary Tract Infections
- Settles Digestive Upset
- Protects Against Food Poisoning
- Supports Healthy Menstrual Function
- Prevents Neurological Inflammation
- Protects Against Colon Cancer
- Soothes Skin Irritations
GARLIC OVERLOAD BURGERS WITH CILANTRO GARLIC SAUCE
CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Italian herbs
2 pounds ground beef
8 teaspoons garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
FOR GARLIC OVERLOAD BURGERS
4 slices provolone cheese
4 brioche hamburger buns
MAKING THE CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE
In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, minced garlic and Italian herbs and blend well. Divide into 4 equal portions.
SEASONING AND MAKING THE BURGERS
In a large bowl, mix the ground beef with the garlic powder and salt and pepper.
Divide the hamburgers into 8 equal portions. Form the meat into balls and then flatten into a patty about 1/4" thick. Remember to make the burgers a bit over sized to account for shrinkage when cooking. In the middle of 4 patties, spoon some of the cream cheese mixture.
Top each of the four patties with the cream cheese mixture with the patties without. Gently press the burgers together to form a large burger.
Grill burgers as desired.
When almost ready to remove burgers, add a slice of provolone cheese to the top of each burger. Allow cheese to melt by closing grill (or placing lid over burgers if using something other than a grill).
BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER
Place burgers on bottoms of brioche buns.
Spoon Cilantro Garlic Sauce over burger.
Top with the top of the brioche bun.
STEAK WITH CILANTRO GARLIC SAUCE
- 4 (12-ounce) rib-eye steaks*, 1 1/4-inch-thick, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat oven to broil. Place an oven-proof skillet in the oven.
Using paper towels, pat both sides of the steak dry. Drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove skillet from the oven and heat over medium-high heat.
Place the steak in the middle of the skillet and cook until a dark crust has formed, about 1 minutes. Using tongs, flip, and cook for an additional 60 seconds.
Place skillet into the oven and cook until desired doneness is reached, about 4-5 minutes for medium-rare, flipping once. Let rest for 3-5 minutes.
Serve immediately with Cilantro Garlic Sauce, garnished with parsley, if desired.
*T-bone, filet mignon or New York strip steak can also be used.