HEATH BENEFITS OF BASIL
- Has Anti-Inflammatory Effects
- Fights Breast Cancer
- Helps Prevent and Fight Heart Disease
- Basil Extracts Fight Diabetes
- Basil Extracts Lower Triglycerides and Cholesterol
- Has Antimicrobial Properties
- Basil Eases Arthritic Pain
- May Provide Liver Protection
- Helps To Improve Digestion
- Helps Fight Stress
HEATH BENEFITS OF SPINACH
- Packed full of vitamin
- As good as a gym for muscle building
- The vegetable that helps improve vision
- Good for anyone prone to stomach ulcers
- Weight watchers should include this in their meal plans
- Can help to prevent anemia
- Eat spinach to keep that young look
- Helps to keep hair healthy
- Able to bring relief from arthritis pains
- Benefits to pregnant spinach eaters
CLASSIC OMELET WITH SPINACH & BASIL PESTO
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black Pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon Spinach & Basil Pesto
Preheat an 8-inch pan over medium-low heat for 2 minutes. Add oil and swirl to coat. Season eggs with salt and pepper and pour into pan.
Cook, occasionally tilting pan and lifting up set egg. Cook until omelet is just set, 3 to 4 minutes (be careful to not let the bottom brown).
Spread half the omelet with pesto and flip over other side. Continue to cook until pesto is warm, about 30 seconds more.
SOFT SCRAMBLED EGGS WITH PESTO AND FRESH RICOTTA
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 3 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 heaping tablespoon Spinach & Basil Pesto, more to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh ricotta cheese, broken up into clump
Over medium-high heat, melt butter in a medium-size skillet, preferably well-seasoned cast iron or nonstick.
Beat eggs with salt, pepper and, if using, Parmesan cheese. Pour eggs into pan, swirl and turn heat to low. Using a heat-proof rubber spatula, stir eggs constantly until very loosely set and slightly runnier than you like them.
Remove pan from heat and drizzle Spinach & Basil Pesto on eggs. Off heat, give eggs one more gentle stir -- enough to finish cooking them and to distribute Spinach & Basil Pesto in dark green streaks. Scatter ricotta on eggs and drizzle with more Spinach & Basil Pesto if desired. Serve at once.
15 MINUTES SPINACH & BASIL PESTO PASTA
- 9 ounces (255 g) uncooked pasta
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. For a lighter option, serve the avocado sauce with zucchini noodles.
Drain the pasta and place it back in the pot. Add the Spinach & Basil Pesto, TO TASTE and stir until combined. You can gently rewarm the pasta if it has cooled slightly, or simply serve it at room temperature.